Friday, April 26, 2024 8:39:11 AM

Questions testing Secure Lockdown trial

13 years ago
#29 Quote
Hi,

I'm running Windows 7 x64 SP1.

In testing SLD, i noticed...

1. CTRL+ALT+DELETE
shows blank windows login screen with cancel button. Can CTRL+ALT+DELETE be disabled completely to prevent the welcome login screen from being displayed?

2. CTRL+ALT+TAB
shows active desktop app icon panel.  Can CTRL+ALT+TAB be disabled?

3. WIN ? or WIN "
shows the quick find bar at the bottom of the screen. Can WIN ? and WIN " be disabled?

3. After system restart:
    a. the TLD splash screen pops up
    b. two other windows pop up that say that another copy of SLD is running
    c. three copies of the startup application (Firefox) show up.

I used the CTRL+ALT+TAB to discover that the TLD splash screen, two SLD already running windows and three copies of Firefox where running.  What's going on there?

4. Is it possible to add timed shutdown and startup.  Th client would like to have the system shut down at 5pm and startup at 8am.

5. Can TLD block keyboard interrupt during system startup?
13 years ago
#30 Quote
1. CTRL+ALT+DELETE
shows blank windows login screen with cancel button. Can CTRL+ALT+DELETE be disabled completely to prevent the welcome login screen from being displayed?

SUPPORT: Windows 7 does not allow the disabling of the CTRL-ALT-DELETE key press sequence. However, it does allow the removal of some or all buttons on the screen

2. CTRL+ALT+TAB
shows active desktop app icon panel.  Can CTRL+ALT+TAB be disabled?

SUPPORT: CTRL+ALT+TAB is disabled upon restarting the system while Secure Lockdown is enabled. Please be sure to restart the system once enabling Secure Lockdown.

3. WIN ? or WIN "
shows the quick find bar at the bottom of the screen. Can WIN ? and WIN " be disabled?

SUPPORT: When enabled, Secure lockdown disables the Win keys.

3. After system restart:
    a. the TLD splash screen pops up
    b. two other windows pop up that say that another copy of SLD is running
    c. three copies of the startup application (Firefox) show up.

I used the CTRL+ALT+TAB to discover that the TLD splash screen, two SLD already running windows and three copies of Firefox where running.  What's going on there?

SUPPORT: We are unaware of any issues such as described. Secure Lockdown is designed to only be able to run one instance.

4. Is it possible to add timed shutdown and startup.  Th client would like to have the system shut down at 5pm and startup at 8am.

SUPPORT: This can be accomplished via other 3rd party applications that are installed and run before Secure Lockdown is enabled.

5. Can TLD block keyboard interrupt during system startup?

SUPPORT: Secure Lockdown starts during the login phase and cannot prevent pre-OS keyboard presses.