Thursday, April 18, 2024 2:02:31 AM

Access to LocalHost While PC is Locked Down

4 years ago
#17390 Quote
We are running the Multi App addition on Win 10 LTSC 2019. We have a Translation Software that is required on a handful of our Kiosks. The Translation software runs a "server" on localhost port:8905. The software works as expected while the PC is in an unlocked state, however after Secure Lockdown is enabled, the software is no longer able to communicate with localhost:8905.

I've seen in other Forums that I am unable to add this to the whitelist for IE (Due to Win 10), however I am not trying to reach localhost via IE.

Is there something I have over looked that needs to be configured or a work around to allow access to localhost while the PC is in a locked down state?
4 years ago
#17402 Quote
Are you using the Chrome lockdown features?
4 years ago
#17429 Quote
We have not enabled the Chrome Lockdown Features in Secure Lockdown, we are still using IE on the Multi App Edition. We have added some group policy restrictions for Chrome for testing in anticipation of  switching or allowing it as an alternative, however while the PC is unlocked these GP restrictions do not interfere with our Translation software.
4 years ago
#17473 Quote
Do I need to be using the Chrome Lock-down Features for this to work???
4 years ago
#17476 Quote
You would need to use Chrome as your browser for the white listing to work. White listing does not work on IE when using Windows 10
4 years ago
#17478 Quote
Does localhost have to be white listed to work? I only attempted white listing after everything else didn't work.
4 years ago
#17480 Quote
You do not need to whitelist "localhost" if you're not using the Allowed Sites feature for other URLs. Otherwise, yes, you would need to list the localhost URLs as well.