Sunday, May 19, 2024 5:29:22 AM

Keyboard Language Issue - Windows Lock down Standard Edition

6 years ago
#4361 Quote
Hi,

Currently I'm using the Secure Lockdown Standrad ed. licence in around 50 computers. My clients are spanish speakers and in all versions they are having issues with the keyboard language.

Lockdown doesn't allow to type accents specifically for Spanish words. if we run Windows  (not locked down) it works normally and it allows to type this kind of characters, but once Windows is locked down it start with the issues again.
For example: if I want to type ( á ) the system throws ( ´´a). It seems that it is not getting the combination keys properly.

I posted an inquiry 17 days ago about this same issue and no one has answered so far, I'd appreciate your answer since this licence is running on medical machines and it is very important to solve this out. If you don't have a solution please let me know so I can figure this out in some other way

Thanks,

Alan
6 years ago
#4365 Quote
Sorry for the delayed response. We are working on this issue and plan to have a workaround available by the 28th of this month.
6 years ago
#4425 Quote
Hello guys,

Any solution regarding this issue so far?

Thanks

Alan
6 years ago
#4457 Quote
There is now a feature that will allow you to disable the Secure Lockdown hotkey (alt+shift+s) and use a secondary admin account to disable Secure Lockdown (instead of the hotkey). It is believed that the hotkey functionality was disrupting some local keystrokes. Please download the latest release of Secure Lockdown (build: 2.00.185), then follow the instructions in the Administrator Guide > Hidden Features > Disable Secure Lockdown Hotkey to see if this solves the problem. It is also suggested to register your system with the Inteset Remote Management Services before disabling the hotkey as this will provide another method to disable Secure Lockdown.
6 years ago
#4862 Quote
Hello. The problem is solved in the current version?
6 years ago
#4864 Quote
The solution to this issue is to use the other methods of disabling Secure Lockdown as described in the previous post. You'll need to disable the Alt+Shift+S hotkey functionality.