Sunday, May 19, 2024 5:41:32 AM

USB Keyboard stops working after boot; can't ALT-SHIFT-S

6 years ago
#4475 Quote
I set up a system on an Insignia 8.9" tablet running Windows 10 Home . I used an external USB keyboard, followed all Windows recommendations. Windows did an update after, even though I had clicked "No windows Updates". Now when I plug the keyboard in so I can make a change to the system, the keyboard comes on at boot (I can see the NUM LOCK LED) then goes off before the Windows Login Screen. Secure Lockdown Standard Edition boots into the Master Application, which works. However, I cannot exit Secure Lockdown or make any changes, which are needed.
6 years ago
#4476 Quote
If you enabled the "System Lockdown > Machine Level > No New USB Devices" option, be sure the USB keyboard is plugged into the same USB port that is was connected to prior to enabling Secure Lockdown.
6 years ago
#4477 Quote
I read some of the previous posts on this issue. My device only has one USB port and I am using the same keyboard.
6 years ago
#4481 Quote
Somehow I managed to boot into my second admin account. What do I do now? Delete the Secure Lockdown account and start again? Will I have a problem with reactivation?
6 years ago
#4482 Quote
Is the system set up on the Inteset Remote Management Services? If so, you can disable Secure Lockdown from the console.
6 years ago
#4483 Quote
Try disabling Secure Lockdown using the method described under the "Hidden Secure Lockdown Features > Disable Secure Lockdown Using a 2nd Admin Account" section in the Administrator Guide.
6 years ago
#4486 Quote
No Remote Management Services, it's just a single device.

Can I just delete that user account and reinstall? I would prefer a known solution.
6 years ago
#4487 Quote
Or can I just uninstall the program from the 2nd Admin Account Control Panel? Any issues with that and reinstalling?
6 years ago
#4488 Quote
Also it won't be setup on Remote Management Services because it is used on a local WIFI with no Internet access.
6 years ago
#4490 Quote
So I deleted the problem user account... having read that somewhere else as a solution.  Now I can't access many Windows features (like display properties, system reset, etc) from the remaining account; I just get nothing.