Sunday, May 19, 2024 6:33:53 AM

USB Keyboard stops working after boot; can't ALT-SHIFT-S

6 years ago
#4491 Quote
Disable Secure Lockdown from 2nd Admin Account – If you want to disable Secure Lockdown from a 2nd
Windows Administrator account on the locked down system, add the “HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE
\Software\Inteset\SecureLockdown_v2” Windows Registry String Value (REG_SZ) of
"SLCommandVerb=disable_secure_lockdown”

Doesn't this need a Name? I'm assuming the "SLCommandVerb=disable_secure_lockdown” goes in the Value??
6 years ago
#4492 Quote
The name is "SLCommandVerb". The value is "disable_secure_lockdown”
6 years ago
#4493 Quote
Install Secure Lockdown on the accessible account, then enable it, then disable it. The problem is that the Machine Level settings from the previous locked down account still remain. Enabling, then disabling Secure Lockdown will reset those Machine Level settings.
6 years ago
#4494 Quote
If I enable it on this account and I don't have a keyboard, how will I disable it??
6 years ago
#4495 Quote
Make sure the System Lockdown > Machine Level > No New USB Devices option is disabled before enabling Secure Lockdown.
6 years ago
#4496 Quote
OK, I did all that. Then deactivated and uninstalled. Most of stuff has come back but I still can't access any USB devices on this machine. It makes a noise when I plug them in but that's it. Which means I can't use it or try and reinstall.
6 years ago
#4497 Quote
Try cleaning out the device drivers:
6 years ago
#4499 Quote
I did that. Under "Other Devices" it still says "USB KB- Setup blocked by group policy". I deleted it from Device Manager while it was plugged in and not working, then plugged it in again. Now it works. There should be a BIG Warning symbol next the USB Machine options IMHO.

6 years ago
#4502 Quote
This is not a typical outcome of using the "No New USB Devices" feature. It's unclear what caused these results on your system.