Friday, March 29, 2024 10:45:59 AM

Chrome Resets profile each start

6 years ago
#4590 Quote
I configured Chrome and added Secure Lockdown Chrome Edition.  I set it to use Chrome in Kiosk mode (most other settings I just used the default).

Every time Chrome starts, it creates a new profile and forgets all settings.  I've turned Secure Lockdown on / off.  Disabled all Chrome settings in Secure Lockdown.  Removed and reinstalled Chrome.  Removed Chrome, deleted chrome registry entries and folders in appdata, rebooted, reinstalled chrome.  Problem still persists.  Chrome starts fresh every time with a new profile.

I've searched the Internet, but have not found anything that can explain this.  Hopefully someone at Inteset knows what's happening and can help me get it straightened out.
6 years ago
#4591 Quote
This is a known bug. There is a fix coming that will be posted by the end of day today on our website (just go to the product page press the Download button).
6 years ago
#4592 Quote
After installing the latest version, the profile delete and recreate problem still persisted.

I ended up going another route.
6 years ago
#4593 Quote
This is not the case. Make sure you have Build ver 2.00.190
6 years ago
#4688 Quote
Using build 192 - same problem - need to keep the home page and other settings but they're being wiped every time Chrome is closed and reopened automatically.  ideas?
6 years ago
#4690 Quote
Please download the latest release of Secure Lockdown - Chrome Edition from our website. Also uncheck (disable) the Chrome Lockdown > General Options > Delete Cache option.
6 years ago
#4730 Quote
We want the delete cache option checked as the kiosk handles payment information.  How can we keep this checked and still have the defauly homepage stay set correctly?
6 years ago
#4740 Quote
We will be separating the Delete Cache and "Reset Chrome" feature in a future release, but currently the two features are combined.
6 years ago
#4863 Quote
The latest Secure Lockdown - Chrome Edition release now separates Delete Cache and Reset Chrome.
5 years ago
#5194 Quote
I have just upgraded from 2.0.190 to the latest version .199 and was seeing this issue.

Thought it worth mentioning that I disabled the delete cache option, enabled SL. Then disabled SL and enabled it again and that has fixed the issue. Or maybe a combo of that and some other uninstall / reinstall activities...