Sunday, May 19, 2024 5:41:33 AM

Windows 10 Settings App Access

6 years ago
#4689 Quote
I am considering using the Windows 10 Settings app combined with a GPO to limit the choices thereon. (https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com/mniehaus/2017/04/13/hiding-pages-in-settings-with-windows-10-1703/)

I can add the Settings app to the taskbar, but cannot seem to allow it as an application since the path to it ('C:\Program Files\WindowsApps') is not accessable, and typing "%windir%\explorer.exe shell:::{4234d49b-0245-4df3-b780-3893943456e1}" in the path browse dialog does not work.

Please advise if using the Windows 10 Settings app is supported.

Thank you.
6 years ago
#4691 Quote
The Windows 10 Settings screen is not supported. The Control Panel is supported provided you explicitly allow needed Control Panel features. See the Administrator Guide - Secure Lockdown Hidden Features Section to learn more.
6 years ago
#4692 Quote
Thank you for the prompt reply.

That's unfortunate. My application makes a call to the Bluetooth portion of the Settings app for user convenience. I have executed the Control Panel setup using regedit and it is functioning.

Is support for the Settings app on the roadmap for future versions?
6 years ago
#4693 Quote
You can call the "Devices and Printers" screen as long as you add the Canonical Name "Microsoft.DevicesAndPrinters" to the "Enable Control Panel” list (see Administrator Guide). That will allow a Bluetooth device to be set up.