Sunday, May 19, 2024 6:15:34 AM

Secure Lockdown v2 Multi App Edition chrome not blocking any sites

6 years ago
#4705 Quote
I am having issues with chrome blocking any sites.. ie will blocking sites correctly when enabled but chrome will not.  

this machine has a Fresh install of windows 7 home 64-bit with current updates/drivers/latest chrome and securelockdown only installed.

Reinstalled securelockdown with same issues

verified all settings in lockdown software many times

made sure allowed sites enabled  

lockdown enabled and restarted after enabled

ie lockdown works but chrome will not

allowed list i have tested with many different links and it does not matter it will not block ANY sites no matter what is in the allowed list.

https://www.facebook.com tested with and without /*

latest Chrome versions 64.0.3282.119 official build 64-bit

fresh install Windows 7 Home 64-Bit sp1 with current updates and drivers/no antivirus installed

Latest Secure Lockdown v2 Multi Application Edition v2.00.193
6 years ago
#4706 Quote
Please download the latest release (2.00.194) of Secure Lockdown - Multi Application Edition and try again. You may want to delete the following Windows Registry key and re-define the Secure Lockdown settings again:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Inteset\SecureLockdown_v2_MA
6 years ago
#4707 Quote
I tried the registry and still same thing happens.  I downloaded the software again from your homepage but it is the same version i have .193... where can i get .194?
6 years ago
#4717 Quote
We have been able to reproduce the issue. Google as modified Chrome in the latest release so that white listing (Allowed Sites) is no longer supported under Windows Home (Win 7 - Win 10). It is supported under other versions of Windows. We will try to find a built-in solution to this, however there is no time-line for a fix right now. As a work around, you can uninstall the Chrome “64.0.3282.119” build and then install the prior Chrome build (found here). Use build “63.0.3239.108”. Also, be sure to enable the Chrome Lockdown > General > No Chrome Updates option in the Secure Lockdown utility. Or, go to the Windows Task Scheduler and Disable the "GoogleUpdateTaskMachineCore" and "GoogleUpdateTaskMachineUA" tasks. Otherwise Chrome will update to the non-working release again.
6 years ago
#4731 Quote
Thank you! This has fixed the problem by downgrading chrome.
6 years ago
#4965 Quote
This problem has been fixed with the latest release of Secure Lockdown (build: 2.00.199) which can be downloaded from our website.