Tuesday, April 16, 2024 3:55:47 PM

Disabling Lockdown IE doesn't work

11 years ago
#468 Quote
Hi there.

I am looking at using Secure Lockdown v2 - IE Edition for a kiosk to our Intranet portal page. The device is a WYSE C90LE7 running Windows Embedded Standard 7.

I've created a new administrator account for the software to run under and installed it, activated the trial, set some settings, and enabled the lockdown. Once I reboot and log back in as the user the system is locked down as expected. However, once when I use ALT-SHIFT-S and unlock the system, after a reboot and logging back in as the user I see a blank desktop and locked down Start menu with only Computer. The system is still locked and the only way out is to login as another administrator and delete the Profile. At this point I only have one chance to set the Lockdown settings making initial setup time consuming...

Am I doing something wrong?

Joel.
11 years ago
#469 Quote
Please check if any other program or policy is set up that would prevent Secure Lockdown  from restoring the original (Windows Registry) settings. Are there any virus protection apps etc running that may cause this? If possible,  check the Application Event Logs of the account to see if there are any Secure Lockdown errors.
11 years ago
#473 Quote
Thanks for the suggestions, unfortunately it still doesn't disable. I also checked the Application Log, there are no entries at all from your software, do I have to enable logging somewhere? There are no virus protection apps or otherwise, all I can think is that the WYSE image is doing something weird or your software does not support WES7.

Thanks, Joel.
11 years ago
#474 Quote
There are companies using Secure Lockdown with WES7 successfully. It should work for you as well. Something is preventing Secure Lockdown from writing to the HKLM and HKCU portions of the Windows Registry. It's odd that Secure Lockdown can write to Registry during the Enabling process, but not the Disabling process (which is writing to the same areas of the registry as the Enable process)