Tuesday, April 16, 2024 4:09:51 AM

Content Adviser - IE9 and Start Menu

11 years ago
#515 Quote
Hi

I have downloaded the multi application version of Secure Lockdown but I am having a couple of problems.  We are setting up a kiosk PC using a full touchscreen that will be located in our stores and most of the application works great.  The issues I have are as follows:

When I enable allowed sites for the IE lockdown I am presented with a Content Adviser dialogue each time the browser launches.  This is obviously not acceptable and ruins the customer experience.  I do need to lock down which sites can be accessed.  Disabling the enable allowed allows the browser to work fine without any content adviser issues.  Disabling isn't an option for me though.  How can we stop this from happening?

Secondly, when the desktop is touched (left mouse click in effect) the windows start menu is shown and contains "logoff" which works.  How can I stop the start menu showing at all?

Look forward to your resoponses.
11 years ago
#516 Quote
To prevent the Content Advisor popup, you will need to populate the Allowed Links list with all URLs the user can access, including your site (ie: "http://*.<yoursitename>.com") - note that you can use the asterisk wildcard (*). if there are banners or other elements from other sites on your pages, those URLs need to be added to the list as well (or you'll get the popup).

Regarding the Desktop double-click issue, enable the "Run as Shell" option found in the first tab of the Secure Lockdown configuration screen. This will remove the Windows Desktop entirely including the Start menu.
11 years ago
#518 Quote
Thanks for the response.  Unfortunately we have a requirement to show a branded desktop background and this won't show when running SLD in a shell.  Is there any other way we can prevent the start menu from showing?

With regard to the content adviser issue, we appear to have resolved this but will let you know once we have tested further.
11 years ago
#519 Quote
There is no way to disable the Start menu and logoff options other than replacing the shell. You could launch a spash screen that times out before IE launches to display the branding. A useful tool for this would be AutoIt (http://www.autoitscript.com).