Tuesday, April 23, 2024 3:51:47 PM

USB Drive Won't Auto Play

5 years ago
#5048 Quote
Hi,

I'm using Secure Lockdown MAE on Windows 10. When I plug a USB flash drive in, it does not auto play. I even unchecked every single box under System Lockdown and it's still not showing. I tested the same USB Flash Drive on another computer and it came up no problem. I also tried another USB Flash Drive on this computer and that didn't work either. If I leave the taskbar enabled, I can access the drive by clicking on it's icon after I plug it in, but ideally I'd like it to auto play. Am I doing something wrong?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
5 years ago
#5049 Quote
By design, Windows Autoplay is disable when Secure Lockdown is enabled.
5 years ago
#5050 Quote
Inteset S. wrote:
By design, Windows Autoplay is disable when Secure Lockdown is enabled.

Then why is there a setting for "No Auto Play"?
5 years ago
#5052 Quote
Yes, there is an option to enable or disable Autoplay. Do you have the System Lockdown > Machine Level > No Removable USB Drives and/or No New USB Devices option enabled?
5 years ago
#5053 Quote
Inteset S. wrote:
Yes, there is an option to enable or disable Autoplay. Do you have the System Lockdown > Machine Level > No Removable USB Drives and/or No New USB Devices option enabled?

Both "No Removable USB Drives" and "No New USB Devices" are unchecked. What is the correct configuration for the USB Flash Drive to auto play?
5 years ago
#5054 Quote
What OS are you using? We'll need to investigate this.
5 years ago
#5055 Quote
Inteset S. wrote:
What OS are you using? We'll need to investigate this.

Windows 10 Pro.
5 years ago
#5056 Quote
In the meantime, do you know of an alternative way to access the removable storage?
5 years ago
#5057 Quote
You'd need to launch Windows Explorer. Or, your application would need to provide an Open/Save dialog.
5 years ago
#5061 Quote
Any update on the investigation?