Friday, April 26, 2024 4:59:25 PM

Windows 10 Enterprise 2015 LTSB, problem with OSK

5 years ago
#5162 Quote
Hi,

I only have one machine that is Windows 10 Enterprise LTSB, my other machines are Windows 10 Pro.

I am using latest version of secure lockdown V2.

The custom program I run is a desktop (not tablet) app and it it has a button on it that calls the Windows OSK keyboard. On the Pro machines this works fine during lockdown.

On the LTSB machine the custom program can launch OSK in TEST mode, but not when locked down.

I do not get an error. I changed the program to launch TABTIP and it works fine, but the users do not like having to press a button to get to the number keys on the on screen keyboard.

My Windows username is a local administrator.
C:\Windows\System32\osk.exe has been added as a background app.
I do not disable "ease of access" features".

Any tips for getting OSK or some other keyboard that has number keys visible to work?

Thank you,

Bob
5 years ago
#5163 Quote
It sounds like a Windows permissions issue. Try launching it from the Windows Task Scheduler upon login with the "Run with highest privileges" option selected.
5 years ago
#5164 Quote
Hi,

Thank you for the prompt reply. I was trying to save screen space and have the keyboard only launch with push of button on my application. I then close it after user submits form. Will your suggestion run the keyboard all the time?

Bob
5 years ago
#5165 Quote
If your app ran the Task instead of the exe directly, yes. You should make sure it works upon Windows sign in first.
5 years ago
#5166 Quote
I am confused. Are you suggesting that my app still runs the OSK.EXE, or that i change my app, to run the rask on demand?
5 years ago
#5167 Quote
Your app should run the Task, then there shouldn't be a permissions issue because the Task has the proper permissions to run the OSK. This has not been tested.