Tuesday, April 23, 2024 8:23:41 PM

Black Screen Nightmare!

5 years ago
#5180 Quote
I get "invalid appliction" upon launch into admin, then a screen asking me to activate trial with "cancel" greyed out - then once I hit trial, a black screen and nothing else.

I am trying to put this on  Dell Venu 8 Pro touchscreen so that an autistic child will be locked into her communication app - I was able to use  the on screen keyboard to hit Alt Shift S but w/ the black screen I get nothing!

I do not have another admin account. I can log into the non admin account as regular, but that  is now where I have all  her files.

This is really a terrible problem - perhaps I can try a mini usb keyboard - which I'd have to go buy.

I have Windows 10 home - most recent as it was installed/updated today.

Can you help>
5 years ago
#5181 Quote
As an admin user of the PC (your 2nd admin account), you will have access to all folders on the system including those under the other admin account. It is suggested that you retrieve those important files, then delete and re-create the admin account to lock down.
5 years ago
#5182 Quote
the account was not an admin. Luckily, there is a windows procedure for elevating accounts to admin as long as you know the admin password - I don't remember the url, but if anybody else has this problem they should know this can be done in Windows 10. If I hadn't had a 2nd user I would seriously be out of luck here!  I am going to just copy the files and delete the main admin account.  but that would be a terrible solution if I were actively using this tablet and needed all the other apps and stuff from that user...

Seems inteset should do a better job warning people about using this on tablets with no keyboard access...