Saturday, April 27, 2024 11:28:53 AM

Windows updates with Secure Lockdown

11 years ago
#599 Quote
What is the best way to manage Windows updates using Secure Lockdown?
11 years ago
#603 Quote
Depending on the environment and application(s) run with Secure Lockdown, it may not be necessary to run Windows Updates. For example, if the system is locked down, and the application doesn't require Internet access, or no downloads are allowed, there is little risk of viruses, etc. It's really the administrator’s discretion regarding how to handle Windows Updates, but, you can set it up to run so no attendance is needed.
10 years ago
#1194 Quote
I still want to be able to have windows updates run, even if it is only every month or two.  As soon as I installed "ielockdown" on the computer I found that Windows updates no longer work, I get a message that "some settings are managed by your system administrator."  I do not see an option in the program to disallow windows updates.  I am not using local policies at all, and I tested this on another computer that is the exact same make/model.

I am guessing this problem occurs because you are using the code from one of your products that does allow for the disabling of windows updates and the registry is being modified to not allow them.  Following this theory I downloaded what I thought is your more advanced application "secure lockdown v2" but then ran into an error that the trial period had ended already, another flaw in the code I believe, as I have only been testing this app for a few days on the first computer and just a few hours on this pc.

So I have to reimage the PC and start over with another product.  I just wanted to let the developer know that this is a problem and the users out there know that this is a limitation they should be aware of.  Bottom line, if you never want to do windows updates again this is a good product, otherwise steer clear.

10 years ago
#1195 Quote
Secure Lockdown does not disable Windows Updates. Windows Updates will occur based on the schedule you define for that process. Regarding the Trial Period issue, be sure that your computer time is accurate. If it is, please email "TechSupport@inteset.com" with the "ID" information found in the initial splash screen.