Sunday, May 5, 2024 12:45:52 PM

Secure Lockdown not displaying Desktop

11 years ago
#979 Quote
Hi

I am working on behalf of a client who has recently purchased a number of licences for Secure Lockdown v2 (2.00.059 is the version I am using) and I am having an issue with the software not showing the desktop when the main application is minimized or closed, I have tried various configurations within the Customization settings all with the same result.

The main point of being able to see the desktop when the application closes is to allow the users to shut down the device via a shortcut, is there an alternative way to achieve this or can a shutdown when main application closes option be implemented into the software.

Thanks.
11 years ago
#980 Quote
Would it be possible to press the poweroff hard-button on the computer? Access to shortcuts on the Desktop is not possible due to security risks.
11 years ago
#981 Quote
I had tried this but it would eventually corrupt the data, however after reading another post I have used a dock applet to run as a background process and set simple shutdown and restart icons, works well and keeps it simple.

Thanks all the same
11 years ago
#982 Quote
Okay. Howerver, pressing the computer off button should shut down the system gracefully unless you hold down the button more than 5 seconds.