Thursday, May 2, 2024 2:32:28 PM

Configuration Issues - Secure Lockdown V2

10 years ago
#1074 Quote
I downloaded and installed Inteset Secure Lockdown v2 - Multi Application Edition yesterday and configured it. I am running Win 7 Professional 64bit and the Trial version of Secure Lockdown.

When I launch internet explorer it always goes to inteset website, even though my home page url is set to msn.com and do not see any tabs, navigation bar or anything else even though nothing is checked marked in the Internet options settings.

Also I have two user accounts one with Admin Privilage and the other as std user. I have configured all the settings within the Admin Account, but when I login with the Std User the full desktop shows without any lockdown features. How do I enable the lockdown configuration for that std user, as I want to keep two users one for admin purpose and other for the users.

Last question. I am planning to deploy this on about 10+ machines. Is there a way to configure one machine and then export the settings and apply it to other machines.

10 years ago
#1075 Quote
Secure Lockdown is configured per user and the user account must be administrator (not Standard).

Regarding Internet Explorer Lockdown settings, you can change the homepage under the "Customizations" tab. Just modify the "Homepage URL" text box.

Follow the steps below to copy all settings to another computer:

SECURE LOCKDOWN SETTINGS:

Configure the Secure Lockdown settings for one user (do not enable Secure Lockdown yet). Then export to a “reg” file the Windows Registry settings from the following location:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Inteset\SecureLockdown_v2_MAE

Copy the reg file to the new system, then double-click on it to merge the settings with the new system’s Windows Registry.

INTERNET EXPLORER LOCKDOWN SETTINGS:

Configure the Internet Explorer Lockdown settings. Then, export to a “reg” file the Windows Registry settings from the following location:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Inteset\InternetExplorerLockdown

And, if you are using the Internet Explorer Lockdown “Allowed Sites” feature, Enable the feature, then export the settings from the following registry key:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Ratings

Copy the reg files to the new system, then double-click on them to merge the settings with the new system’s Windows Registry.

CIRCLE DOCK SETTINGS:

For the CircleDock settings, make the adjustments you need to CircleDock on the first system, then copy the ”.ini” files found in the following folder to the same location on the new system:

C:\Program Files\Inteset\Secure Lockdown\CircleDock\System\Settings\

10 years ago
#1077 Quote
Thanks for the reply.

Your Quote
"Regarding Internet Explorer Lockdown settings, you can change the homepage under the "Customizations" tab. Just modify the "Homepage URL" text box."

As my earlier email said, I have already change the Homepage URL to msn.com, but once I launce IE from Circle Dock it goes to inteset page with no navigation bar, no address bar etc even though nothing is checked in under IE Customization.

Juzer
10 years ago
#1079 Quote
What build of Secure Lockdown are you using? This information can be found under the "About" tab. Also, what version of IE are you using?
10 years ago
#1080 Quote
Sorry cannot look up the version as I am not in the office. I am using the latest version from your site. I just downloaded it 2 days ago. Using IE 9 on Win 7 64 bit.
10 years ago
#1086 Quote
Any Update on this.
10 years ago
#1087 Quote
Do you have Secure Lockdown running under a different account? If so, IE will be modified for all accounts. Also, if you're starting IE from a 64bit OS, make sure you're starting it from here: "C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe"