Thursday, May 2, 2024 4:59:08 PM

Can't drag and drop to Circle Dock

10 years ago
#1081 Quote
My apologies if this has been addressed, searched for some time and could not find an answer.
Just downloaded the trail version of Secure Lockdown Multi and cannot drag and drop Open Office and other programs to the Circle Dock. Saw that there is a more current version of Circle Dock (the download included V0.9.8, found V1.0 and V1.5.5 online) that would allow the addition of files/programs to the dock; just have to "install it over (the) original program." If I know how to do this, I would probably know enough about computers that I wouldn't need the Lockdown software! Am I missing something on the drag and drop? Do I need to update Circle Dock? How would I update? Thanks in advance for your patience.
10 years ago
#1082 Quote
We are looking into the drag-and-drop issue. You can add shortcuts to the dock via the right-click/Add Blank Icon option as well. Regarding the Circle Dock Version, we use a special iteration of the software that we are now maintaining that is more integrated with Secure Secure Lockdown. It is suggested that you not use a different unsupported version.
10 years ago
#1083 Quote
Thanks for the quick response. I tried the right click, blank folder. The entry areas that look like they will allow me to assign a path or program wouldn't allow me to enter anything.
10 years ago
#1084 Quote
Regarding the Drag and Drop issue, please be sure UAC is disabled on the computer.
10 years ago
#1085 Quote
That's a Circle Dock folder. You probably want to ad a Windows Folder. Just choose "Add/Blank Icon", then select the "Folder..." button under the Target section.
10 years ago
#1092 Quote
You guys are great. Changing the UAC setting worked for the drag and drop. Thanks.