Saturday, April 27, 2024 6:44:24 PM

Start Maximized Not Working Properly

10 years ago
#1114 Quote
Hi all, new user here.  Just downloaded and purchased SecureLockdown V2.  Setting up a kiosk-based machine.  Windows 7, 32-bit.  UAC is off, no anti-virus.

Two issues:

1)  Trying to use the on-screen keyboard helper to allow start/stop of the on-screen keyboard.  It works fine when Securelockdown is not enabled.  However, when it is securelockdown is enabled, the helper is running, but when I click on it, nothing happens.  I have it listed in background apps, and disabled everything in Customization except No Local Drives and No Special Keys.  

2)  My master application is set to Run on Startup, Keep Running, and Keep Maximized.  However, it initially starts in a 1/2 screen window.  It pauses for 10-20 seconds to startup, then goes full screen.  The 10-20 seconds is the normal startup time and gives the Not Responding in the title bar.  The not-responding is normal, I can't do anything about that one as it's making an RS-232 connection to a remote device.  

I've tried closing the windows with a CTRL-X (used to work with IE).  

Does anyone have any advice?
10 years ago
#1123 Quote
Regarding the Keyboard Helper, there is a "On-screen Keyboard Helper" shortcut in the "C:\Program Files\Inteset\Secure Lockdown" folder. Using Windows Explorer, navigate to the shortcut and right-click on it to open the Properties dialog. Choose the "Advanced..." button, then select the "Run as administrator" option. Within the Secure Lockdown/Background Apps section, select the shortcut as the app and not the exe. Make sure you select the ".lnk" file type in the "Open" dialog (ie: "C:\Program Files\Inteset\Secure Lockdown\On-screen Keyboard Helper.lnk"). In the On-screen Helper configuration screen choose the "Windows Tablet PC Input Panel" as the Keyboard Type.

Regarding the other issue, it is unclear what the issue is. Can you explain with more detail?
10 years ago
#1124 Quote
That helps for the keyboard issue.  I was not running as admin and running the exe.  I wasn't aware that I should point At the link.

I'll try running the link and see if it fixes my maximize problem. The symptoms I'm seeing are:

Machine starts
10 seconds pass (delay programmed into inteset)
Main program starts in a window.
Main program starts to initialize
Inteset tries to maximize main program and fails as main program is busy. Main program acts to the OS as not responding
Main program breaks free and inteset maximizes it. However the screen is distorted. Fields are  top of others, etc.
I minimize the main program
Inteset immediately maximizes it and things are good.
10 years ago
#1125 Quote
You can try increasing the "Keep Running" delay interval by making the following Windows Registry addition:

Set a start delay in milliseconds to the "Keep Running" feature. The master application will not
re-start after being terminated until the specified number of milliseconds has passed (minimum is 8000ms). Add the Registry DWORD key Name, "KeepRunningStartDelay" to the HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Inteset\SecureLockdown_v2" registry key and add a Decimal value in milliseconds to specify the delay.