Sunday, April 28, 2024 5:28:18 AM

Circle Dock - Windows Fax and Scan

10 years ago
#1117 Quote
Hi,

The circle dock is working great with all of the applications, except I can't run this application:

Windows Fax and Scan
C:\Windows\system32\WFS.exe

The error message generated is:
Windows cannot find 'C:\Windows\system32\WFS.exe'. Make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again.

I'd be grateful of any help, thank you

Damian
10 years ago
#1122 Quote
We are not able to reproduce this issue. What Windows OS are you using and is it 32bit or 64? Are you using Internet Explorer Lockdown as well and if so is the "No Printing" option enabled?
10 years ago
#1131 Quote
Hi, sorry for the delay in replying.
I'm trying this from three different PC's. Each are running Windows 7 64-bit, IE Lockdown is not running on any at the moment, No Printing is not selected.

I have been dragging on the Circle Dock either shortcut from the Start Menu or the WFS.exe directly from C:\Windows\System32\  

However, if i choose Add -> Blank Icon and then browse to C:\Windows\System32\ then WFS.exe isn't visible. Even though it can be visible in a Windows Explorer window next to it and can be run directly.
10 years ago
#1132 Quote
In the Circle Dock Item Settings Dialog/Target field, make sure you select the "File..." button to select the WFS.exe executable file and not the "Folder..." button.
10 years ago
#1138 Quote
As you can see with the screenshot below, the window on the right shows I am choosing "File..." under Target, but WFS.exe is not visible.
The window on the left is Windows Explorer on the same file path, but WFS.exe is not shown.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/10484477/CircleDock.jpg

However, I was using version 2.00.049 and have now re-downloaded to see if there is a later version and 2.00.067 now all works correctly with WFS.exe

Thank you for your help.