Wednesday, May 1, 2024 8:21:34 AM

Internet explorer periodically won't reopen

10 years ago
#1302 Quote
Hello,
I have Inteset Internet Explorer Lockdown installed on 3 PCs. The PCs are running up-to-date Windows7 with IE 10. The inteset version is 2.00.071.

When Inteset is first launched it works perfectly. However, after a variable amount of time IE will close(/crash) and not reopen. This happens whether or not the option to keep IE running is enabled, or if the setting to restart IE every X minutes is on.

This generally happens when no one is around, but it has happened at least once when a user was using IE to fill in a survey. She told me that the browser crashed and that was it (no error message).

I have tried many different combinations of settings, nothing seems to have any effect on it.

Right now the only solution is to log off and back in, which requires the inteset password that only a few people can know.

Any help would be appreciated.
10 years ago
#1303 Quote
Please upgrade to the latest version of Secure Lockdown. These issues have been addressed.
10 years ago
#1437 Quote
Hi,

I am also having this problem, with version 2.00.077.

Other programs (Word/Excel/PowerPoint/Chrome) all open OK but clicking on Internet Explorer does nothing.

IE version is 11.0.9600.16428.
10 years ago
#1438 Quote
What OS version are you running? Is it 64bit or 32bit?
10 years ago
#1439 Quote
It's Windows 7 Professional 64-bit with all the latest updates applied.
10 years ago
#1440 Quote
Make sure your Target path is:

"C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe"

and your Start In path is:

"%HOMEDRIVE%%HOMEPATH%"
10 years ago
#1441 Quote
Thanks, I've added that to the settings and will let you know if we see the problem again.