Tuesday, April 30, 2024 5:08:11 PM

Somewhat locked down but locked out

10 years ago
#1401 Quote
We have a few POS computers that use Secure Lockdown. I was setting up a new one, and had no problems until I was totally done. Keep in mind that I restarted the computer many times both in and out of secure mode to test prior to having this problem.. After turning on the security Under the user “Storefront”, I am getting a somewhat locked down computer. The problem is that the Alt+Shift+S is not working. Circledoc will not come up either. The start menu is up, but nothing under when I click but log off, disconnect and windows security. I am able to log in using my credentials and work with no lockdown. Is there any way to “Turn it off” from the outside? Please help. My store is running on one POS at the moment, and that makes me nervous. I did just buy 5 more licenses yesterday too. Could I revert back yesterday morn in Windows to fix? Would I loose the licence?
10 years ago
#1402 Quote
Based on your description, it sounds like there is antivirus software running under the account that is blocking the Secure Lockdown configuration tool from running. If you have another administrative account on the system, you'll need to delete the locked down account and start over without the antivirus software running, or add an exception to the antivirus software that allows Secure Lockdown to run uninhibited. If you do not have another admin account on the system, you'll need to reinstall the operating system and start from scratch. There is no way to disable the locked down system without the availability of the configuration tool. If you need to deactivate the Secure Lockdown license you purchased for that computer, please contact techsupport@inteset.com to help you.
10 years ago
#1403 Quote
I turned off UAC, and it started working..
10 years ago
#1404 Quote
Yes, that can cause the issue as well. There is always the opportunity to "Allow" the application to continue when the UAC warning appears whereby the Secure Lockdown tool will be available.