Friday, April 19, 2024 11:42:16 AM

Shutdown and Logoff buttons not appearing on About screen

10 years ago
#1449 Quote
I have 4 touchscreen PC's that are by all accounts identical; fully updated as of this morning (Windows updates that is) Windows 7 Pro 32-bit SP1. On one of the 4, i have Inteset Lockdown IE edition v2.0 Build 2.00.077 (downloaded a few weeks ago); IE version 10; this is the config that still shows the Shutdown and Logoff buttons, and they function as expected. On the other 3 PC's the Lockdown version is 2.00.078 (downloaded and installed this morning) I do not see the Shutdown and Logoff buttons; the area where they would be is blank. It is not a show-stopper but if there is a config fix I need to do, I would rather do it now thatn after I have deployed the PC's.
10 years ago
#1450 Quote
You need to enter the Secure Lockdown password to see the Log out and Shut down options on the latest release. It was a bug if they were displayed without a password in a previous release. If you want users to be able to log off or shut down, you can make that feature available by unchecking the "No Logoff/Shutdown" option under the Customizations tab. Then, pressing Ctrl-Alt-Del key sequence, will reveal those options when Secure Lockdown is enabled.
5 years ago
#5168 Quote
Hi forum,

I'm evaluating
Version 2.0
Build 2.00.202
on a Windows 10 machine latest patches.
Secure Lockdown is licensed.

I have the following problem:
Secure Lockdown is enabled, everything works fine, except:
No shutdown or logoff button shown in help/about dialog even if unlocked by password.

System Lockdown:
'no Ctrl+Alt+Del' is checked
'no User Switching' is checked

I apreciate your help!

best regards,
Johannes Weber
append[x] GmbH
5 years ago
#5169 Quote
The System Lockdown > No Logoff option must be disabled.
5 years ago
#5170 Quote
this was fast!! Thank you!

unfortunately there are no buttons independently of 'No Logoff' checked or unchecked

5 years ago
#5171 Quote
Here are my settings so far

- Local Level
unchecked:
No Logoff, No Desktop, No Win 10 Shell
checked:
No Local Drives, No Auto Play, No System Keys, No Action Center, No Desktop Icons, No Taskbar, No Network shares

- Machine Level
unchecked:
No New USB Devices, No Library Access, No Network UI
checked:
No User Switching, No Shutdown, No Ease of Access, No Help & Support, No App Install, No Ctrl+Alt+Del, No Removable USB
5 years ago
#5172 Quote
What Edition of Secure Lockdown are you using?
5 years ago
#5173 Quote
Secure Lockdown v2 - Multi Application Edition
5 years ago
#5174 Quote
Also, try disabling the Machine Level > No Shutdown option
5 years ago
#5175 Quote
this made it!

Thank you very much!