Wednesday, May 1, 2024 6:52:09 PM

Secure Lockdown on Win 8.1 tablet

10 years ago
#1550 Quote
I attempted to enable Secure Lockdown on a Windows 8.1 tablet (specifically a Thinkpad Tablet 2).  I have tried having my program start independently and by Secure Lockdown, and in both cases, only an empty Start Screen appears.  Since I am using 8.1, the Start Screen should not even be displayed on startup.  When I attach a keyboard, the Alt-Shift-S does not work.  There is no real antivirus installed and Windows Defender was disabled.  I had to do a system restore to disable the product both times.

There system uses only a local admin account.

I'm not sure how to proceed.
10 years ago
#1551 Quote
Please email all of the settings you've selected in the Secure Lockdown configuration utility to techsuppprt@inteset.com
10 years ago
#1560 Quote
A bug was found that may have caused the problems you've experienced. A new release of Secure Lockdown is now available that fixes this and other issues.
10 years ago
#1661 Quote
Hi

I am using secure lockdown v2 on a thinkpad with windows 8.1 as well.
I have 3 accounts on it and am running secure lockdown on two of them(same general settings).
I have found that if you are signed in on 2 user accounts simultaniously, some keys become disabled sometimes.
(TAB key and shift key).
10 years ago
#1662 Quote
Key blocking happens on an login/account level. Programmatically speaking, having two locked down users logged in at the same time would not cause this issue. Does this happen when the accounts are not locked down? Are you using the Windows virtual keyboard?
10 years ago
#1663 Quote
Thanks for your quick reply.
No, it does not happen when accounts are not locked down.
It's also not consistent.
Logging off and sigining in again solves the issue.
I do not use the virtual keyboard.
10 years ago
#1664 Quote
We have tried unsuccessfully to reproduce this problem. Is this occurring on multiple machines, or just the Thinkpad?
10 years ago
#1700 Quote
Hi

I have not tried it on any different laptop yet.

What I also have found out is that the "NO F1"and "NO F3" options can not be enabled in windows 8.1 in other words,

I have no cleared the tick boxes of these two options but f1 and f3 still do not work.
10 years ago
#1702 Quote
We think we have found and fixed the issue you're having. Please download and install the latest release of the software from our website and let us know if the issue is resolved.
10 years ago
#1729 Quote
Hi

Sorry for the late reply, but finally got around to testing your claim.

Indeed the reported issue is fixed, but I have discovered a new issue.

We have a suitcase with a thinkpad, 2 printers and a OCR scanner for scanning the MRZ zones of pasports.

The OCR scanner is a USB device which generates keyboard input.

As soon as I enable your software the keyboard input is not generated anymore.