Wednesday, May 1, 2024 4:12:25 PM

Secure Lockdown Niggles

10 years ago
#1720 Quote
Hi there, I just have a couple of small niggles that I wonder might have an easy solution.

What I'm trying to do is lockdown a machine for work purposes during the day and allow normal use on the evenings/weekends. (I'm self employed but easily distracted :) )

The niggles are that, when I unlock the PC the system clock and start menu list are both gone. Not really big issues as I said but I would prefer that in the unlocked state, the machine was restored to the same state as it was before it was locked.

Suggestion - A useful option (for me!) would be to have timed locks/unlocks, so that if the machine started between 0900 and 1700 it would start in a locked state and at other times normal. I think I can do this 'as is' using command line via task manager BUT I don't want a forced log off or restart, especially if I'm trying to finish something off.
10 years ago
#1721 Quote
The issue with the Start Menu items not showing has been fixed. The fix will be available in our next release. Please follow us on Twitter to find out when new releases are available. The system clock issue fix is in our development queue.

Regarding enabling and disabling Secure Lockdown on a scheduled basis, you could accomplish this using the Secure Lockdown command line feature and the Windows Task Scheduler. Send an email to techsupport@inteset.com to request the "Administrators Guide" that will explain the command line feature.