Wednesday, May 1, 2024 12:15:30 PM

Secure Lockdown IE

10 years ago
#1733 Quote
Windows 7 Pro 32bit / Internet Explorer 9
I installed the Secure Lockdown IE on 3 machines and am having problems with locking down the site.  I wanted to be able to lock the site down with something along the lines of "*.website.com/*" since there are many pages that this site consists of.  Since that wasn't an option I have altered it to be "http*://*.website.com/*"  If I enable the locked down site then I get an error popping up that states "Internet Explorer is not responding", as soon as I go in and turn that feature off, the site displays fine and Internet Explorer behaves normally.

Also, I may have discovered a bug.  I uncheck the disable USB, but when I come back in to look at my settings it has been rechecked.  Is there something I need to do to prevent this?  a newer download or something?

Thanks,

Nate
10 years ago
#1734 Quote
Please refer to this post regarding Allowed Site URL syntax. Also, please download the latest release of Secure Lockdown Internet Explorer Edition which fixes the bug you mentioned. If you need extra help defining proper URLs, please contact techsupport@inteset.com directly.
10 years ago
#1735 Quote
Thank you for the quick response.  That fixed both of those issues.  I seem to have an issue with printing.  Would this not be the correct product to use if the users need to be able to print to a locally connected printer?

The situation is, they are on a seperate network, and 1 of them will have it connected, and the others will either have it mapped locally or shared depending on what I need to do.  So far my efforts with shared or locally aren't working.  They print and it acts like it will work, but nothing gets to the printer.  The one that it is physically attached to seems to be printing just fine.
10 years ago
#1736 Quote
Please provide the settings you have enabled. We will attempt to reproduce this issue in our lab and get back to you shortly on it.