Wednesday, May 1, 2024 4:04:34 PM

Inteset Multi-App: Cannot Start-up RDP Session or Internet Shortcut from Dock

10 years ago
#1753 Quote
Hello!

I am trying to configure the multi-application version of this software to filter the Internet, as well as, run only one program (an RDP Session) at the same time. I dragged my created RDP Session to the dock as well as my Internet shortcut. I then defined the Internet Explorer settings within Inteset to only allow a certain webportal. I then ran the program; however, when I clicked on any of the shortcuts within the dock, I receive a message stating the following:

"This file does not have a program associated with it for performing this action. Please install a program or, if one is already installed, create an association in the Default Programs control panel."

Just for kicks and giggles I went into the control panel and re-create the associations; however, I am still unable to run either program normally.
10 years ago
#1754 Quote
Make sure the "Item Settings" of the program's icon on the Circle Dock are properly configured (right-click on the shortcut icon and select "Item Settings". Make sure the "Target" setting is correct (should be the same as in the Desktop shortcut properties). You may also need to specify the "Start In" setting.
10 years ago
#1756 Quote
I have already done these settings as suggested and I still receive the same error. I even went a step further and allowed the program through the firewall with complete access. UAC is turned-off as suggested, and I have even configured both of these programs to run in the background within the settings. Not sure what else I can do on my end. Advice? Thanks in advance btw.
10 years ago
#1757 Quote
Does this happen when you're running Circle Dock and Secure Lockdown is Not enabled?
10 years ago
#1758 Quote
This usually happens either way. Once Secure Lockdown is enabled, I am faced with the same errors as I would if the program was in editing mode. I did discover that if I create the icons, place-in the directory of the actual program itself (i.e. remote desktop: C:\windows\system32\mstsc.exe), then the program runs just fine. This; however, would mean that I would not be able to use a saved RDP Session for my users to just click-and-run and be in their desktop session. The older versions of the multi-app were never this picky about not using my pre-made RDP Sessions I placed on my desktop. Is there a way to still use my pre-made RDP Session without having my users to try and remember their DNS, port, username, and password every time they log in?
10 years ago
#1759 Quote
You could try using the command line feature of MSTSC and place the command line switches in the Circle Dock icon settings "Arguments" field. click here for the command line instructions.
10 years ago
#1760 Quote
Too late LOL j/k I saw that while doing some more digging. I think we were both heading in that direction. Well, this means more work for me, but at least it will work. The users that I am doing this for are not very tolerant of having to remember their credentials everyday, so it's harder on me to find a work-around. Well, thanks for you help during this session, and hopefully this works without any problems.