Sunday, May 19, 2024 3:31:06 AM

Lockdown V2.0 memory leak problem

8 years ago
#3359 Quote
We are using Lockdown V2 build 2.00.137 on an EWF protected system with no pagefile.
There is plenty of physicall RAM available in the system.
(actually, using a page file within EWF is considered bad practice, we could consider using a page file on an unprotected volume, however, this doesn't take away the cause)

The system is a Windows 7 Embedded and there is only one application running (apart from secure lockdown)
Our application sometimes runs into memory-low conditions. Research shows that the cause seems to be within Lockdown.
We logged the allocation behaviour of all processes.

Normally you'll see that lockdown takes up about 45MB
2016-04-14 13:32:25 ___45,51 MB IntesetSecureLockdownV2

However, four days later, it takes more then 1GB.
2016-04-18 16:13:20 ____1,06 GB IntesetSecureLockdownV2

Eventually this behaviour causes memory problems.

please advice,

regards,

Martijn

8 years ago
#3367 Quote
Windows and the .Net environment (Secure Lockdown development environment) is responsible for memory management. The 1GB should reduce as Windows needs it. What issues are you seeing?
7 years ago
#3422 Quote
Hi,

As I'm a programmer, I'm quite aware on how the windows memory management and garbage collector works.

In the mean time we have seen the issue on multiple systems that have Lockdown enabled.
It ends with windows saying that it is running out of memory, after which any application that is active on the PC runs into troubles of course.
The same systems with Lockdown disabled never have these problems. Please advice.

regards,

Martijn
7 years ago
#3423 Quote
Please email techsupport@inteset.com with your Secure Lockdown Settings file (*.bac). In order to troubleshoot this, we'll need to reproduce the issue. Is your software available for us to test with?
6 years ago
#4511 Quote
Is there any news on this topic? We are using a similar configuration, so that might affect us as well...
Hello,

We are currently using Secure Lockdown Chrome Edition to put a milling machine we are putting on the market in kiosk mode.
On the 9th of November we are driving some beta tests with a Windows image as a template.
But unfortunately i was pulling the image with the trial license activated and now it seems to be corrupt when i put this image on other PCs. Is there a way to deactivate the trial again so i can pull a proper image for testing, or reset or clean up the license on corrupted ones?
If all tests run well with SL we are going to purchase quite a number of licenses so this is not some sort of scam, hehe ;)
Kind regards,
Stefan Hämmerle
6 years ago
#4512 Quote
Is your setup experiencing issues?
6 years ago
#4513 Quote
I haven't gotten to that point that we have memory problems as I have currently just started testing using both at the same time.
But what I can say is that if I enable Secure Lockdown and enable ewf before clicking on yes on the first prompt (becuase after that the windows start menu is already missing the options to get to the command line) and then reboot to let ewf take effect then the Windows Error Recovery options is shown at startup.
Hello,

We are currently using Secure Lockdown Chrome Edition to put a milling machine we are putting on the market in kiosk mode.
On the 9th of November we are driving some beta tests with a Windows image as a template.
But unfortunately i was pulling the image with the trial license activated and now it seems to be corrupt when i put this image on other PCs. Is there a way to deactivate the trial again so i can pull a proper image for testing, or reset or clean up the license on corrupted ones?
If all tests run well with SL we are going to purchase quite a number of licenses so this is not some sort of scam, hehe ;)
Kind regards,
Stefan Hämmerle
6 years ago
#4514 Quote
Try disabling (uncheck) System Lockdown > Local Level > No Desktop.