Friday, April 19, 2024 12:33:02 AM

Invalid application when starting executable in w10

5 years ago
#13791 Quote
Hi,

We are using Secure lockdown standard edition for a while now with Windows XP and W7 and have no issues.

Now we are testing in W10 and can't start our executable that is in Compatability mode and starts as administrator.
Our windows user has administrator rights but it still wont start.

We are using the latest version of Securelockdown Standard 2.00.204
When we start the master application it says "invalid application. Secure Lockdown will no longer monitor the master application (). U don't have the necessary privileges for this operation."

I hope you have a solution for this.
Thanks
5 years ago
#13792 Quote
Be sure the signed in Windows account is a local administrator account. You shouldn't need to use Compatibility Mode as well.
5 years ago
#13793 Quote
Thanks for your quick respond.

The local Windows account is an administrator (administrator group)  but I still need to run the .exe as an administrator or run the .exe as compatibility XP sp3  otherwise it wont work.

But when I start the .exe in Securelock it wont start and gives the error.

Is there something else I can try?

Thanks.
5 years ago
#13794 Quote
It's not clear what's causing this behavior. Try disabling Windows UAC.
5 years ago
#13795 Quote
Windows UAC is already disabled.
We just need to start our .exe in compatibility mode (XP sp3)(Otherwise our software won't work)
But it seems that Secure lockdown doesn't support it, right?
Maybe an older version of secure lockdown?
5 years ago
#13796 Quote
You may want to try creating a batch file or script that starts your EXE in compatibility mode, then use the bat file as the Master Application. If that works, you'd need to find the process name of your app (find it in Task Manager), then under that process name into the Process Name field under the Master Application tab.
5 years ago
#13797 Quote
Finally it's working.
Only with a bat file and not with a vbs script.
The keep running function was also working after we added "MasterProcessExitDelay" in the registery.

I keep find it strange that a local administrator does not have full access in W10. But that is of course not your problem ;-)
Thanks for your help.

Best,
Floris