Sunday, May 19, 2024 2:30:08 AM

Lock down with using hand scanner EAN

7 years ago
#3753 Quote
Hallo,

I have one question. We tray to use sw Lockdown for cashbox software and we have to use
hand scanner for EAN code. Everything works good, but I have problem when I active the Lockdown, the scanner
stop working.

Have anyone any idea to fix it please?

Thank you very much.

Pavel

(WIN 10, touch screen, Honeywell Laser skener MS9540 Voyager)
7 years ago
#3755 Quote
Try disabling the System Lockdown > Local Level > No Desktop option. Also, be sure that the System Lockdown > Machine Level > No New USB Devices is either unchecked, or be sure not to change the USB port the scanner was originally connected to. If you connect it to a different port, it wont work.
7 years ago
#3757 Quote
For my sure, I have everything unchecked, but it doesn't work. USB is still connect to one of them.

If Lock down is unactivated, scanner works....

Anyway, is it needed to start any programe od background for working?

Many thanks

Pavel
7 years ago
#3758 Quote
What does not work? Does the scanning app see the scanner? What happens?
7 years ago
#3759 Quote
It hasn't app, if a know right. It is plug&play device. In computer it is like second keyboard. The led diod on the scanner is still lighting. If I scanning EAN with activated Lock, the scanner beeps but it doesn't fill in to line nothing. Any idea? Thank you.
7 years ago
#3760 Quote
We have a hand scanner and cannot reproduce the issue. Please be sure you're using the latest release of Secure Lockdown (currently: Build 2.00.168) which you can download from our website.
7 years ago
#3761 Quote
Ok, tomorow I'll check the version of Locker, but I downloaded it last week. Could be a problem that it's a trial version? We have to try it before buying the full version.
7 years ago
#3762 Quote
The Trial version would not affect that. What Edition of Secure Lockdown are you using (Standard, Chrome, Multi-app)?
7 years ago
#3763 Quote
Standard edition
7 years ago
#3764 Quote
If you use Notepad.exe as the Mater Application, will the scanner work?