Friday, April 19, 2024 12:40:40 AM

Secure Lockdown will not let application run

12 years ago
#285 Quote
I downloaded the demo secure lockdown v2 and tested it on a standalone version of the customer inventory software. It worked perfect.

The software is the same for multiuser except it looks at a network location for the license file and the data.

On site with a multiuser configuration the customers inventory software will does not see the license file that is stored on the server station so it will not run.  

It seems that something is preventing the software from seeing the remote system.

How do I correct this problem?
12 years ago
#286 Quote
The license information for Secure Lockdown is stored under the Windows Registry HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE hive. It's not clear how you have Secure Lockdown configured in your environment, but it must have access to this registry location and run under an administrator account.
12 years ago
#287 Quote
Secure lockdown is running.  It is the application that will not run.
12 years ago
#288 Quote
Sorry -- I wasn't logged in.  The secure lockdown is running but It will not allow the application to see its license file that is on the networked server station.
12 years ago
#289 Quote
Does your software run when Secure Lockdown is not enabled? Secure Lockdown shouldn't explicitly prevent applications from network registry access. Are you receiving any errors? Can you check the Windows Application Event Logs?
12 years ago
#290 Quote
The Application runs fine outside of secure lockdown. Even when secure lockdown is open but not enabled the application will run. The application has a 10 use demo mode and then it needs to see the license file located on the server station. When run from within secure lockdown the application fails to see the license.

While typing this I just realized that I never tested it in single user after the 10 use demo was exceded. I don't know if it has anything to do with the networked option.

I will setup another test tonight and gather some more info.
12 years ago
#328 Quote
Secure Lockdown will run your application under c:\windows\system32 this is the problem
12 years ago
#330 Quote
Hi Moderator,

I have an installation that I need this kind of solution running in the next 2 days, and I am trying to test the solution with my custom software, but I cannot get the application to run when I test, instead I get a pop up saying "[application].exe has stopped working, Window is checking for a solution to the problem..." followed by "[application].exe has stopped working, A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available."

My application runs a couple of windows, a console while loading assets and then a window fullscreen as the GUI.

Let me know if there are some ways for me to troubleshoot this as I would like to use this solution since it appears so straight forward.  Thanks in advance.  best, Jonathan.
12 years ago
#331 Quote
Just to make the post not anonymous I made the previous post as Guest.  Thanks in advance for the help.
-Jonathan
12 years ago
#332 Quote
Is this an application you could send us to test? Try using batch file as your Master Application that launches your app. Make sure "Run as Shell" is not checked.