Thursday, April 25, 2024 5:50:05 AM

Java Calendar control

12 years ago
#334 Quote
I have implemented the lockdown software with IE. in the kiosk mode, and at this point have 1 big problem and a couple of small ones.

The big one is there is a calendar control within the web that the users need to be able to use to select begining dates and ending dates.  At this point the Java based Calendar control fails with a message that it is being restricted by the security software.

Is there an easy fix to allow this to operate?
12 years ago
#336 Quote
What is the exact error message that is displayed? Secure Lockdown does not block scripts from running. Is there security software installed that may be causing this? Does this error occur when SL is not enabled? What is the OS version being used, 32bit or 64bit?
12 years ago
#337 Quote
32bit windows 7.
The problem does not occur when the program is not running.
the error is “Cannot open due to security settings on this machine”  <- (A regedit specific to the machine that disallows certain program from running.)
The program in question is based on either activex or java based controls.
12 years ago
#343 Quote
This issue was resolved by unchecking the Customizations/Other Options options. Only one of the options caused the issue. Kevin, can you respond with the one that caused the issue?
12 years ago
#344 Quote
there is an option called “no new windows” and that was what was preventing the IE activex/java from showing. Now we have the opposite problem of once they get it open, it cannot be closes due to the IE no close option. It may not be the biggest problem ever but hundreds of minimized calendar windows will eventually cause it to crash.
12 years ago
#345 Quote
There are two ways to solve the calendar problem. One, modify the caendar code to include a close button in the popup, or find another calender control that has this feature. Two, download the latest version of Secure Lockdown - IE Edition which now has a "No Browser Close" option that should be unchecked in this scenario. Note that the user will now be able to close the browser (if you are not running in Kiosk mode). However, if you have the "Keep Running" option checked, Secure Lockdown will re-launch IE.
12 years ago
#347 Quote
where do I go to get this latest software download?
12 years ago
#348 Quote
http://shop.inteset.com/Products/21-lock-down-windows-7-and-run-internet-explorer-as-a-customized-kiosk-application.aspx
12 years ago
#349 Quote
I have downloaded the file from fish stick file downloads, the version is 12.0.0.53157.  Is this the version I should be using?
12 years ago
#350 Quote
Please use the above link instead. It is always the most up-to-date.