Wednesday, April 24, 2024 9:20:00 PM

Can you remote into machines running the multi app?

4 years ago
#17335 Quote
Well I must say I am not happy with support, or the lack thereof. It is almost as if inteset isn't interested in new business. We are wanting to get around 25 licenses but NO ONE WILL CONTACT ME. I have sent 4 emails and spoke with sales 4 times. Not one response.

I have the trial

What we want is to find out if this is profile specific or does it run no matter who logs in?

Can we remotely access these machines (they are not domain connected) to troubleshoot or make changes - HOW- please explain. What needs enabled or does anything need enabled to allowed remote access?

These are basic questions, that, if support actually answered would get them a new customer. I am just really frustrated at the lack of support, the one sales guy and the lies about same day email responses. 4 days I have sent emails and never gotten one response.

4 years ago
#17336 Quote
We have responded to several emails you sent. Please check your spam folder.

Secure Lockdown is profile (Windows Account) specific. Many customers use apps such as Logmein or TeamViewer for remote system administration. You can use Inteset RMS to administer Secure Lockdown related settings and features.
4 years ago
#17337 Quote
Nobody can answer my question! This is so frustrating to deal with. . I got one email from you guys and all it said was you have a response to the question you posted on the forum I also got one other email and all it said was yes our software will do what you want. If you call that service and support for people that are planning on spending a lot of money on your product then we both have something else in mind as to what is good service. I’ve checked spam, I’ve called, I’ve not gotten any responses to specific questions which will determine whether or not we buy the product. I have a phone, too! 561-632-9437 now let’s see if you can and will actually assist prospective customers.
4 years ago
#17338 Quote
Q: What we want is to find out if this is profile specific or does it run no matter who logs in?
A: Secure Lockdown is profile (Windows Account) specific. It does not run no matter who logs in. It only runs under the account you set it to run under. There are some Machine Level options that affect all users (see User Guide > System Lockdown > Machine Level)

Q: Can we remotely access these machines (they are not domain connected) to troubleshoot or make changes - HOW- please explain. What needs enabled or does anything need enabled to allowed remote access?
A: Many customers use apps such as Logmein or TeamViewer for remote system administration. There are no special setup requirements to use these 3rd party programs. You can use Inteset RMS to administer Secure Lockdown related settings and features.
4 years ago
#17341 Quote
Thanks, that helps! What about making the dock circle stay and not have to move the mouse to make it reappear? That is all I really have and we will be buying the licenses.

Thanks
4 years ago
#17342 Quote
Please see the following post: http://services.inteset.com/boards/topic/536/circle-menu-disappearing
4 years ago
#17343 Quote
Inteset S. wrote:
Q: What we want is to find out if this is profile specific or does it run no matter who logs in?
A: Secure Lockdown is profile (Windows Account) specific. It does not run no matter who logs in. It only runs under the account you set it to run under. There are some Machine Level options that affect all users (see User Guide > System Lockdown > Machine Level)

Q: Can we remotely access these machines (they are not domain connected) to troubleshoot or make changes - HOW- please explain. What needs enabled or does anything need enabled to allowed remote access?
A: Many customers use apps such as Logmein or TeamViewer for remote system administration. There are no special setup requirements to use these 3rd party programs. You can use Inteset RMS to administer Secure Lockdown related settings and features.

I created a user account and enabled secure lockdown with all of the settings it was working fine with under the local administrator account. Now, when I login as the new user the circle dock isn't displayed, the entire desktop is displayed and I have to open (and enter the administrator password) secure lock down. What am I missing? And is this the support for this product? Forum posts or can I actually speak with tech support at some point? We are testing these now on trial and was told we had full features and were testing fine with the local administrator account. Not it seems to have stopped when using a local account.
4 years ago
#17344 Quote
Also it seems that the circle dock (secure lockdown) only appears after entering the administrator credentials. Which defeats the purpose. We need them to login, and have secure lockdown ready to go with the circle dock in the middle. They will not have administrator rights or a password to open so what needs done?
4 years ago
#17345 Quote
You can use Windows Auto Login to boot directly to CircleDock

4 years ago
#17346 Quote
Inteset S. wrote:
You can use Windows Auto Login to boot directly to CircleDock

Again, can I not speak with a representative on the phone? Are telling me the local account needs to have administrator rights? We didn't have to do this when using the local administrator account. We logged in and all we saw was the dock and icon. Now, we see it all, but no dock at all and secure lockdown needs opened (administrator credentials entered) then the dock appears.