11 years ago
#399 Quote
Two days ago I installed Secure Lockdown v2 IE Edition to use in trial mode.

I am running Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit with one Admin account and two User accounts on the system.  As soon as I login to my Admin account, I see the Secure Lockdown splash screen with the option to Activate, Run Trial, or Cancel.  I hit "Run Trial" and then the "Secure Lockdown is now running in the background, but is disabled." message.  After I hit "OK", I see an empty desktop, but can pull up an empty taskbar with the Windows Start button (with no items at all on the start menu).  

I can use ALT-SHIFT-S to bring up the dialog box where I put in my password, hit "Try" and then have the option to "Enable Secure Lockdown" or "Run as Shell."  When I choose "Enable Secure Lockdown" and hit apply, then select "Yes" that I'm sure I want to enable Secure Lockdown, then I get the message that "Secure Lockdown has been enabled." so I hit OK to restart my system.

When logging back in after reboot, the exact same thing happens... the "Enable Secure Lockdown" box is always unchecked after reboot, so I can never disable Secure Lockdown.

This PC did not have the KB 2515325 update uninstalled prior to Secure Lockdown being installed, and it also have Avast v6 antivirus running.

With no other Admin accounts on the system to make changes, am I screwed?

Thanks,
David