Sunday, May 19, 2024 12:13:39 AM

Secure Lockdown Chrome Ed. wont start in foreground

6 years ago
#4575 Quote
Hello,

I'm running the chrome edition of Secure Lockdown and for some reason chrome does not start in the foreground. The entire screen is blank. I have to alt-tab to get to the Chrome window.

Settings:
Windows: Tablet mode
'No Desktop': unchecked
'Chrome Kiosk Mode': checked

If I check 'No Desktop' or switch to Windows Desktop mode, the touch keyboard no longer works properly. How can I resolve this issue?

Thanks.
6 years ago
#4578 Quote
Do you have the latest release (Build: 2.00.189) available to download from our website?
6 years ago
#4579 Quote
I've updated from 2.0.187 to 2.0.189 and the problem still persists.
6 years ago
#4582 Quote
If you take Windows out of Tablet Mode, then unplug any keyboards, The virtual keyboard should work as Windows wont sence a physical keyboard
6 years ago
#4583 Quote
No, that doesn't work. We've tried taking the device out of tablet mode and the virtual keyboard becomes unreliable. Sometimes it appears when clicking a text input, sometimes it doesn't.
6 years ago
#4584 Quote
Is there a particular website that you're testing? This should work for input fields on web pages.
6 years ago
#4585 Quote
It seems to only work in tablet mode. For example if I switch to desktop mode and try the google.com search bar, the keyboard doesnt show up when clicking the input. I know the virtual keyboard works because the keyboard will show up in windows (ex: cortana search bar).
6 years ago
#4586 Quote
This would happen if Windows thinks there is a physical keyboard attached. Be sure there is no keyboard attached. We have several tablet/touchscreen setups and they are all working as expected regarding Chrome and the virtual keyboard appearing. Also, be sure that in the Windows Settings > System > Tablet Mode > When I sign in... "Use deskktop mode" option is selected.