Wednesday, April 24, 2024 2:09:07 AM

Win 10 Touch Keyboard Does Not Work.

6 years ago
#4782 Quote
1. Make sure you're running the latest release of Secure Lockdown which you can download from the product page of our website.
2. Be sure you're not starting in Windows Tablet mode. Desktop Mode only
3. Be sure the Windows Settings > Multitasking feature is disabled (Snap) and the Virtual Desktop settings are set to "Only the desktop I'm using".
4. Be sure that the Windows Settings > Devices > Typing > Show the touch keyboard when not in tablet mode and there's no keyboard attached option enabled.
5. You may want to enable the Windows Settings > Devices > Typing > Add the standard keyboard layout as a touch keyboard option so that you have access to the Alt+Shift+S key sequence
6. Be sure the Secure Lockdown System Lockdown > Local Level > No Desktop option is not set (unchecked).
7. Be sure that no physical input devices (keyboard, mouse, etc) are attached to the device.
8. Some touch screens are connected via USB. If you're using the Chrome browser in this case, be sure to start Chrome with the following command line switch: "--disable-usb-keyboard-detect" Otherwise, Chrome will think a physical keyboard is attached and wont launch the Touch Keyboard

Following the above will ensure that the Windows 10 virtual keyboard will appear when entering an input field in your Windows Desktop application (win32/classic).
6 years ago
#4784 Quote
Could it be the problem, because my Chrome is 64bit?
6 years ago
#4785 Quote
Be sure that the Windows Settings > Devices > Typing > Show the touch keyboard when not in tablet mode and there's no keyboard attached option enabled.
6 years ago
#4786 Quote
Under Windows Settings > Devices > Bluetooth & other devices > Mouse, keyboard, & pen, there should be no mouse or keyboard listed that is connected.
6 years ago
#4794 Quote
Hello, again!
I did everything as you suggested and find out interesting conclusion.
Virtual keyboard shows from every other application (Explorer, Internet Explorer, ... ) in desktop (not tablet) mode, but not from Chrome (neither 32 or 64bit latest version). So I can't use your SL - Chrome Edition.
Any other suggestion?
6 years ago
#4795 Quote
Hi Vasja:

We use a Chrome Extension, Virtual Keyboard by xontab.com.  

It fits our needs with a locked down Chrome browser app.

Cheers,
Peter
6 years ago
#4796 Quote
Does the Windows Touch Keyboard work in Chrome when Secure Lockdown is not enabled?
6 years ago
#4797 Quote
Peter M. wrote:
Hi Vasja:

We use a Chrome Extension, Virtual Keyboard by xontab.com.  

It fits our needs with a locked down Chrome browser app.

Cheers,
Peter

Which OS do you use? I'm on WIN10Pro 64bit with all latest updates.
6 years ago
#4798 Quote
Inteset S. wrote:
Does the Windows Touch Keyboard work in Chrome when Secure Lockdown is not enabled?

No. In Chrome (but only in Chrome) virtual keyboard without Tablet mode simply won't show either with or without SL enabled.
6 years ago
#4800 Quote
Please confirm all of the steps outlined in this thread. We have customers with 1000's of Secure Lockdown - Chrome Edition using touch tablets/screens whereby the Windows Touch Keyboard works as expected in Chrome. Try setting up a different tablet if possible. Also, make sure you're not using the Windows on-screen keyboard found in Windows Accessibility. Make sure you're using the Windows Touch Keyboard.