Friday, April 19, 2024 9:30:16 PM

Secure Lockdown Chrome Edition - Interfering with barcode and MSR readers

6 years ago
#4831 Quote
We have written a custom point of sale system. This system uses a USB magnetic stripe reader and a USB bar code reader for input. Your software appears to interfere with the readers. Swiping the card through the magnetic stripe reader only appears to work when both No Removable USB Drives and No New USB Devices are unchecked AND will simply log out to enable Secure Lockdown. If we restart the system with this configuration no readers work. What is going on?
Thomas L Barrett
SC Dept. of Corrections
4444 Broad River Rd
Rm 105
Columbia, SC 29210
6 years ago
#4834 Quote
If "No New USB Devices" you must keep the reader plugged into the original USB port (the one where the drivers are loaded). Plugging the device into another USB port wont load the reader's drivers, thus it wont work.
6 years ago
#4836 Quote
I'm not sure you understand my point. We have a magnetic stripe reader (an input device) that is screwed into the side of our POS system so the port can not change. When I enable No New Devices and No New USB Devices the reader does not work. Why? It is NOT a flash or USB hard drive and it's not a new device.
Thomas L Barrett
SC Dept. of Corrections
4444 Broad River Rd
Rm 105
Columbia, SC 29210
6 years ago
#4837 Quote
Sorry. I meant when I enable No Removable USB Drives and No New USB Devices in my prior post.
Thomas L Barrett
SC Dept. of Corrections
4444 Broad River Rd
Rm 105
Columbia, SC 29210
6 years ago
#4838 Quote
You need to clean the driver definitions for USB devices and try again. See this topic.
6 years ago
#4839 Quote
I'm not sure why I have to do this. I have not "repeatedly and quickly" removed any devices. Plus Secure Lockdown has one behavior if I simply log out (my usb devices seem to work) and if I restart the computer (the devices do not work). Please explain those behaviors.
Thomas L Barrett
SC Dept. of Corrections
4444 Broad River Rd
Rm 105
Columbia, SC 29210
6 years ago
#4840 Quote
You need to do it because the USB devices have become unresponsive. Clearing the driver info will fix it. It's unclear what caused the issue.
4 years ago
#17454 Quote

Hi Has this issue been resolved ?
If I go thru a power cycle my usb devices are not detected.

SCDC H. wrote:
I'm not sure why I have to do this. I have not "repeatedly and quickly" removed any devices. Plus Secure Lockdown has one behavior if I simply log out (my usb devices seem to work) and if I restart the computer (the devices do not work). Please explain those behaviors.