Tuesday, April 23, 2024 6:14:57 AM

IE Site advisor

11 years ago
#489 Quote
I am trying to configure IE to go to a specific site. Everything works Just fine locking the PC down until I enable IE lock-down then it enables the content adviser but I can't edit the settings. so the site I try to go to is not rated so it won't display the site because it is not rated. I have tried to set the allow unrated sites but that setting is lost when I enable the ie lock down and we cant see the site because of the content adviser.

Any suggestions?
11 years ago
#490 Quote
Please follow the instructions below:

Restricting IE to a Single or Specific List of Websites

Providing these restrictions is possible via Internet Explorer’s “Internet Options” settings. You can configure this in Internet Explorer before enabling Secure Lockdown. From the IE Tools menu option, select “Internet Options”, then select the “Content” tab. From here, select the “Content Advisor/Settings” button, then the “Approved Sites” tab and add the sites you need accessible. Go to the “Ratings” tab and Deny all access to rated content (default). Select the “General” tab and un-check the “Users can see websites that have no rating” checkbox. Press the “OK” button to return the Internet Options dialog, then press the “Enable…” button to enable the site restrictions
11 years ago
#491 Quote
I have tried that, but because the site is not raited it is blocked I get a message saying"

"Content adviser will not allow you to see this website"
"The page may contain some or all of the following."
"this page does not have a rating."

If I check the box " Users can see websites that have no rating" it is cleared when I enable IE lockdown and the approved page can not be viewed.

Thanks for the assistance
AL
11 years ago
#493 Quote
Sorry. You do not need to follow the above instructions if using the Inteset IE Lockdown utility. You would need to follow those instructions if you were using Secure Lockdown - IE Edition.

You should not be getting the "Content Advisor..." message if you have that URL listed in the "Allowed Site" list and have the "Allowed Site" feature enabled. Make sure there are no other objects on the page that are derived from other sites (URLs). If there are, you'll need to add those URLs to the "Allowed Sites" list as well.

Note that when IE Lockdown is enabled, the "Users can see websites that have no rating" feature of Internet Explorer is also enabled.
11 years ago
#495 Quote
I am finding that the "users can see websites that have no rating" is not being enabled infarct it is being disabled when I invoke "Enable IE lockdown"
11 years ago
#496 Quote
Do you have your website URLs listed under the "Allowed Sites" list and is the "Allowed Sites" feature enabled?
11 years ago
#498 Quote
Yes I have allowed the individual pages along with the domain. But when I enable IE lockdown it says the site is not allowed due to no rating. I have allowed the site in IE's list as well.
11 years ago
#499 Quote
Is this a public site we could test?
11 years ago
#500 Quote
http://afi.lezage.com/login.cfm?dp=7
11 years ago
#501 Quote
al@libertyfruit.com wrote:
http://afi.lezage.com/login.cfm?dp=7

If you need the password please email me.