Saturday, April 20, 2024 5:27:24 AM

Pressing Delete Key Deletes Icons from Circle Dock

11 years ago
#543 Quote
While in Lockdown mode, if you position the pointer over an Icon on the Circle Dock and then press the Delete Key, it will delete the icon from the Circle Dock, permanently.
11 years ago
#544 Quote
Thank you for pointing this out. We will see if we can find a fix for this.
11 years ago
#547 Quote
I found on Circle Dock's site that there is a Kiosk version of the executible (CircleDock Kiosk A8.exe) to prevent changes to the layout during use. I see you provide that file with your distribution. Do you invoke that exe during LockDown Mode?
11 years ago
#549 Quote
yes. Unfortunately, that doesn't prevent the delete issue
11 years ago
#557 Quote
Is there an ETA on this fix? Or a workaround?
11 years ago
#558 Quote
Currently there is not a workaround for this issue. We intend to have a fix for it in 4 to 6 weeks.
11 years ago
#607 Quote
My workaround is to create a folder named Backup in the Program Files/Inteset/Secure Lockdown/CircleDock/System/Settings folder and copy the Config.ini and DockItemData.ini files from the Settings folder (after configuring CircleDock) to the Backup folder. I created a RestoreCircleDock.bat file that copies (overwrites) the contents of the Backup folder to the Settings folder. I put the RestoreCircleDock.bat file in the Startup folder for the Locked Down User.

Now if the user deletes an icon on the CircleDock, simply rebooting the Laptop restores the CircleDock Configuration. Which is another iCon on the CircleDock, REBOOT.