Thursday, April 25, 2024 3:25:07 PM

IE InPrivate mode + circle dock

11 years ago
#571 Quote
I am currently testing the Inteset Secure Lockdown v2 - Multi Application Edition and have issues that I did NOT have with Inteset Secure Lockdown v2 - Internet Explorer Edition.

First:
I do not wish to use Kiosk mode as my users need to be able to close it to clear their personal information. Therefore, I do not want IE to remember anything after a session, so I want to use InPrivate mode by running iexplore.exe -private (from a shortcut which I placed on the Circle Dock)  
I have tested InPrivate sucessfully with your  Inteset Secure Lockdown v2 - Internet Explorer Edition.
But I cannot get this to work once "Enable IE Lockdown" button is enabled in the multi application version. Yes, it works fine if its not checked. I wish to use the multi-version with InPrivate - is this not possible?

Second:
When configuring circle dock, it will disappear. Clicking on Configure Circle Dock brings a message that says its already running and to envoke it via the assigned keystroke. Pressing F9 does not return it. What is the default assigned keystroke?
It also disappears when launching a program but then never returns after exiting the launched program. So there sits a blank screen and no way to fix except a power cycle. Am I missing something?

(v1.0, build 1.00.01 , IE 9.0.8112.16448)

BTW, I really do like this program.  :)
11 years ago
#572 Quote
InPrivate Browsing is currently not allowed in Secure Lockdown - Multi-Application, however, our latest build that has not been released yet has this feature. Please email TechSupport@Inteset.com if you'd like us to send it to you. Note, you will need to put "-private" in the arguments of the shortcut to have IE start in InPrivate mode.

Regarding envoking CircleDock, F9 is the default key that displays it. You can change this key to whatever you want.  It seems however that something is blocking CircleDock from displaying altogether. Try starting it by double-clicking on it from here: "C:\Program Files\Inteset\Secure Lockdown\CircleDock"

Please let us know if that works.
11 years ago
#576 Quote
The "beta" version does indeed allow InPrivate mode.  Thank you!
My dock disappearing was fixed with this install. I also foudn the setting to make it appear on the desktop always, perfect.

The last issue I have is that the circle dock now allows more than one instance of programs. Specifically the ones I added to the circle to run. Paint won't allow more than one but all the ones I have added allow more than one instance. Ideas?
11 years ago
#577 Quote
Yes. There is a utility included with Secure Lockdown that handles the issue of multiple instances. Please review the User Guide and look up the "Inteset Process Launcher Utility" topic.
11 years ago
#578 Quote
Indeed. Tthanks for pointing that out, i musta been blind.  you have been most helpful.