Friday, March 29, 2024 9:06:04 AM

Screen saver and "Return to home delay"

11 years ago
#753 Quote
I am using Secure Lockdown v2 Internet Explorer edition to set up a kiosk for a lobby area so clients can browse the web.

I would like to have a screen saver run when the PC is inactive for a few minutes. I would also like to enable the "return to home delay" option so that IE will display the home page for the next user. It seems like when I enable the "return to home delay" option in Secure Lockdown that this interrupts the screen saver.

For example I will set the screen saver to turn on after 1 minute, and the "return to home" at 5 minutes. After 1 minute the screen saver comes on. After a few more minutes the screen saver turns off and never comes back on.

If I set the "return to home" to 0 then the screen saver stays on, but now the browser will be left on the page of the last user which isn't ideal.

Does anyone know what I can change to get the desired behavior from Secure Lockdown?

Thanks in advance - Ian
11 years ago
#806 Quote
You may not be able to run the screen saver because Secure Lockdown issues a keyboard command to invoke the home page. This will stop the screensaver.