Friday, April 26, 2024 10:09:05 PM

Win7 Fullscreen and Relaunch Issues

11 years ago
#826 Quote
"Keep running" and "keep maximised" are both selected, however the app does neither. It loads in the middle of the screen, and doesnt relaunch when closed just leaving a black screen.

I have also tested with "keep maximised" unticked, and the app still will not relaunch on either PC.
11 years ago
#829 Quote
Hmmm. We have tested the same setup using Win 7 32 and FireFox and cannot reproduce the issue. Would you mind trying a patch file to troubleshoot this?
11 years ago
#830 Quote
FYI, we posted a new release of Secure Lockdown today that has some improvements and minor bug fixes. One improvement is that you can run different editions of Secure Lockdown under different user accounts. One of the bug fixes was related to restoring a minimized master application which is related to the problem you've been having.

Also, please be sure you’re not running any anti-virus software that might prevent Secure Lockdown from operating properly.

Thank you for working with us on determining the cause of this issue.
11 years ago
#834 Quote
Hi,
Tried the new 053 build and still have the same issues. there is no AV running on the PC testing the browser, there obviously is on the PC i want to use to run AVG scanner.
Happy to test another build/patch if you have one, email me the details.
Many thanks..
11 years ago
#835 Quote
Some further information:

I tried the software on a clean build of XP SP3 on the same hardware. The apps I need (AVG, and a custom, secure version of Firefox) still have the same behaviour. They launch, but do not respect the "keep maximised" or "keep running" options.  Both just leave a blank screen when closed and no way of relaunching the apps. This is the same as Win7SP1.

I have tried both OS's with the basic app notepad.exe and this works as expected and reopens correctly, so it seems to be just the apps I'm trying to run.
11 years ago
#836 Quote
Is your Master Application a batch file or script that then calls AVG or Firefox?
11 years ago
#837 Quote
No, it is linked directly to the .exe's for both apps
11 years ago
#838 Quote
Does the regular version of Firefox respond properly? What are the exact master application settings you have entered?
11 years ago
#840 Quote
Yes, I've just tried firefox 18.0.1 and it works as expected. Unfortunately the two apps I need to use this software with don't. Settings are as follows:

Master Application:

Path: C:\Program Files\Invincea\Browser Protection\InvBrowser.exe
or      C:\Program Files\AVG\AVG2013\avggui.exe

Arguments: <blank>
Start In: <blank>
Run on Startup: Ticked
Keep Running: Ticked
Keep Maximized: Ticked
Delay: 8 seconds

Customizations:
All options ticked

Background Apps:
None. All fields blank

Many thanks..
11 years ago
#842 Quote
Secure Lockdown can only monitor the "InvBrowser.exe" process and not Firefox. In other words, ff you were to close or minimize the InvBrowser app, Secure Lockdown would relaunch it, or maximize it because that is the process it is monitoring. It seems that the InvBrowser process is responsible for launching Firefox, thus Secure Lockdown doesn't know about it. This is probably the same situation with the Avg app.