11 years ago
#878 Quote
I'm having three issues with the MAE edition of the software running on a computer hooked to a Sharp PN-L602B touchscreen display.  

One is that I locked down IE with most of the settings to see what would be left after the lockdown, and even though I would uncheck the "Enable" checkbox and hit apply and uncheck all of the "Disable" boxes I could never get the things back to IE that I'd removed.  It was as if it was refusing to reset the registry changes I'd made.  It also still prevented me from opening Internet Options to set anything back.  Any idea what I did wrong?  I ended up removing that user, "kiosk", from the machine and deleted their profile directory and when it was recreated I didn't do those settings again.  After that it was fine, but I'd like to be able to roll back the settings which I assume are supposed to be reversible.

Second thing is that I was trying to add the applications I wanted available to users while locked down to the Circle Dock.  One of the applications was the SharpPen.exe application that came with our display.  When launching this application from the shortcut on the desktop it worked fine.  It has a toolbar on the side of the screen that is accessible through touch interactions and a whiteboard portion on the rest of the screen that lets you draw.  An image of what it looks like is here:  http://sharp-world.com/products/professional-monitors/products/pn-l802b_l702b_l602b/index.html  The problem was that if I launched it from the circle dock it would launch just fine, and the pen/finger was detected on the controls, but it wouldn't accept any draw interactions.  I assume it was just a mouse click/drag type of motion that is used to draw.  Is it possible that this kind of motion is interrupted or something when the circle dock is active?  Is there a log somewhere that I can look in for errors?

Lastly, is there any way to launch the lockdown software at login if UAC is still enabled without typing an admin user and password?

Thanks in advance.