Tuesday, May 7, 2024 11:31:10 PM

Secure Lockdown v2 Multi Application Addition, Having the pictures folder from the Libraries available

11 years ago
#881 Quote
Hello,

We are using a Win8 32bit tablet.  Ideally we are wanting a speech software, webcam, and the pictures folder to be available in the circle dock and everything else locked down.  I am able to get the webcam and speech software working the way that I want from the Multi Application Edition.  However, it is important for our clients to be able to take pictures with the webcam, and then be able to load those pictures into the speech software.  When I try to browse for the pictures in the speech software it says "This operation has been cancelled due to restrictions in effect on this computer.  Please contact your system administrator."

I then tried to put the actual libraries folder onto the circle dock.  It gives me the same message.  I am able to change where the pictures are saved from the webcam, but I am unable to find a location that will bypass these restrictions.  I figured out how to allow pictures to be brought in from a flash drive by unchecking "No Local Drives."  

Please let me know how access the pictures folder from the speech software when the device is locked down.

Thank you,

Drew
11 years ago
#882 Quote
Try creating a new Windows partition/drive (ie:"E drive") using the Windows Disk Manager, then move your Picture Library folder to the E drive. Be sure that "No Local Drives" is unchecked.
11 years ago
#885 Quote
Thank you for the tip on creating a drive.  It worked like a charm.  I am now running into an issue when the device is locked down and I am looking at the Circle dock, I am able to drag the program icons to the center of the dock, and they disappear.  I don't know if there is a way to lock the icons so that this doesn't happen.  If a client were to drag all of the icons to the center of the dock there wouldn't be any programs to launch.  We are then forced unlock the device and put the programs back onto the dock from scratch.

Any help is much appreciated.

Drew
11 years ago
#886 Quote
Please make sure you have the most resent version of Secure Lockdown - Multi-application Ed. You can download it from our website.
11 years ago
#887 Quote
I did download the most recent version of the software a few days ago off of the website.  We are trialing the software to determine if it will meet our company's needs.  It is showing Version 2.0(Multi Application Edition) Build 2.00.056.

This will be a deal breaker if the programs disappear from the Circle dock from being dragged to the middle of the dock.  Let me know if I am missing something.

Drew
11 years ago
#888 Quote
We will check this and get back shortly
11 years ago
#889 Quote
We were able to reproduce this problem and will have a fix for it posted on or before Monday, February 25th.
11 years ago
#891 Quote
A fix has been posted to our website for this delete issue. Please download it here:
http://shop.inteset.com/Products/24-lock-down-windows-7-with-customized-menu-and-applications.aspx