Thursday, April 25, 2024 6:02:43 PM

Enabling WIN 7 64Bit screen saver after minutes of inactivity

11 years ago
#892 Quote
Hi Support - have been through most of the posts in the forums however I wasn't able to locate a reply to my issue. I have a stand-alone touch screen/pc with a powerpoint show (PPTVIEW.EXE + the PPT as argument)consisting of a slide with to buttons that when tapped starts a (safety)video.

Working fine with the secure lockdown however it remains in the slide show and is not after e.g. 10, 15 minutes of inactivity starting the screen saver. I haven't been able to locate a screen saver exe or similar file that I could add to my secure lockdown configuration (windows\system32\....).
Anything to do?
Thanks in advance
Per
11 years ago
#893 Quote
Do you have the "Disable Desktop" option checked in Secure Lockdown? If so, uncheck it and the screen saver should work.
11 years ago
#894 Quote
The disable desktop is not checked.
11 years ago
#895 Quote
What version of Windows are you using? Does the screen saver work when Secure Lockdown is not enabled and you're running the slideshow?
11 years ago
#896 Quote
Win 7 Professional and yes, it's working fine. It stops when I activate Secure Lockdown. Is it possible to add the "screensaver.exe" as a background app?
11 years ago
#897 Quote
Hi, sorry - it seems to be the PPTViewer - did some tests and apparently the viewer prohibits the screen saver to work. So obviously not your problem...