Tuesday, April 23, 2024 5:13:24 AM

Master Process error

11 years ago
#925 Quote
Running Secure Lockdown v2 IE edition on windows XP system and keep getting message "It is likely that the master process is already running. The process exits right after it starts.  Ensure that this process is not already running."

I have uninstalled and re-installed but it obviously did not cleanly uninstall because all my settings were still there after re-installing.  I am using a script to launch IE8 in kiosk mode to a specific site and have tried with and without the script and still get the error.  Once the error clears, the computer simply does nothing but sit on a blank screen, does not even run the script.  Please advise how to fix.
11 years ago
#926 Quote
A Master Process cannot be a script as Secure Lockdown monitors the Master Application process name. A script's process will run, then terminate when complete. You need to run the actual application's exe as the master process. If you need to run other processes, you can use the "Background Apps" feature.

If your master application is IE8, you may want to try Secure ockdown - Internet Explorer Edition which has the features you're looking for.
11 years ago
#942 Quote
Thank you for responding.  I am using Secure Lockdown V2 Internet Explorer edition and the script I am running is only to launch IE, not the lockdown program.  As stated, I have removed the script for IE completely and still have the problem.

I am using the evaluation period to see if I can get this working for a kiosk.  The screen where I have to click Run Trial pops up, I click the button, that screen goes away, then I get the error message window about the Master process.  Nothing else works after that.  Please assist.  I've heard good things about your product, but so far this is not working for me.