Sunday, May 5, 2024 1:28:35 PM

shift alt s function will not work

11 years ago
#933 Quote
I use logmein remote desktop software with the computers that i install secure lockdown v2 with the first one went seamlessly doing everything it was suppose to do.  the second one i hit shift alt s and started lockdown just fine when it  restarted I noticed it did not pop up internet explorer like is should of.  So i tried the shift alt s function and nothing happens now.  I put an exception on the firewall and anti-virus so that should not be an issue and the other computers work just fine with the same setup.  is there another way to disable this program and if not I will need to figure out how to delete it and reinstall it.
11 years ago
#934 Quote
ok kept restarting and it finally came up again i was able to also delete the kb windows update that was annoying.
11 years ago
#937 Quote
Thanks for the update.
11 years ago
#946 Quote
ok the problem is back.  Is there anything i can do to get the shift alt s function to work so i can unlock the system and try to figure out what is wrong with the computer?
11 years ago
#947 Quote
Have you changed anything since the last time you got Alt-Shift-S to work? Are you using a wireless keyboard? If so, please make sure it is in range of the receiver and the batteries are good. Also, give the computer some time to fully boot before pressing the Alt-Shft-S key sequence.
11 years ago
#948 Quote
no wireless keyboard and i have shut down restarted and let it sit for 5 minutes.  I have tried it with remote desktop and also with someone there physically hitting the buttons.  Any other ideas?
11 years ago
#949 Quote
Have you changed anything since the last time you got Alt-Shift-S to work? Is the computer running antivirus software that could be blocking access?
11 years ago
#950 Quote
i have ten of these running at different stores this is the only one that is giving me problems right now.  antivirus is active but I have used an exception for the program.  I am going to try running it in safe mode to see if i can get into the administrator account and take a look at things.  My guess is it is a setting in IE that is causing the problems.
11 years ago
#951 Quote
If you are using a current version of Secure Lockdown, you wont be able to access the account in Safe Mode. The only way to recover would be to delete the account from another Admin account (assuming there is one) and start over. You could also re-install the OS if there is no other admin account.