Friday, April 26, 2024 11:36:44 PM

Uninstalling Secure Lockdown v 2 MAE whilst system is locked.

11 years ago
#935 Quote
During some testing of the software before deployment we have managed to uninstall Secure Lockdown v2 MAE whilst system is locked. This issue also give the locked user the ability to uninstall any software in the add remove software list. It also give's access the "Computer Management" MMC.

This access is enabled if the "No Local Drives" option is not enabled. In Customizations > System Options > No Local Drives. All the locked user has to do is click where the start menu would normally be until the start menu loads  (I've found clicking where the start bar and desktop would meet if the start were present is best). Once the menu opens click "Computer" and at the top of window but below the address bar you have the option to "Uninstall or change a program".
If you right click on "Computer" this give you access to the "Computer Management" MMC and although I haven't tested I suspect the ability to create and modify local users.

Is there also the ability to not populate\auto clear the recent places in the Favorites?

This all seems to be disabled if the "No local Drives" Option is not selected. The problem this causes no access to the USB drive which is one of our requirements. I was planning on using our antivirus to stop users running executable files from the USB and only give them access to documents.
11 years ago
#938 Quote
Please try running Secure Lockdown without the antivirus software running at all. It sounds like it is still blocking some of the Secure Lockdon features. You could not be able to access the computer management, uninstall utility, or any other Control Panel options.
11 years ago
#939 Quote
Thanks for the quick reply.

I have uninstalled the antivirus product but the problem is still present.
During further testing I have discovered the ability to load the start menu is disabled if "Customizations > System Options > Disable Desktop" is selected. Unfortunately we wanted to display the terms of use as the desktop wallpaper.
11 years ago
#940 Quote
What version of Windows are you using. What is the Secure Lockdown Build number found in the about tab.
11 years ago
#941 Quote
Secure Lockdown Build number 2.00.057
Windows 7 Enterprise SP1

If you need any more information please feel free to ask.
11 years ago
#943 Quote
This issue has been resolved with the latest build of Secure Lockdown which is currently available on our website. Please download it at your convenience.
11 years ago
#945 Quote
I've downloaded and installed the new version and the problem has gone.
Thanks for all your help resolving the issue so fast.