Friday, May 3, 2024 3:54:23 AM

Private Browsing

11 years ago
#1037 Quote
Hello,

I am trying to setup our Kiosk to do Private Browsing, when I set everything up on the profile it shows up correctly in the registry. Once locked down, the account will lose the private browsing settings I've changed in the registry. I am trying to set IE to load up to the main default home page instead of the In Private screen. Is there any other places in the registry I need to change this to get it to stick? I am running version 2.00.063.
11 years ago
#1041 Quote
There is a setting in Secure Lockdown that turns on "InPrivate" browsing called "Private Browsing" found under the "Customizations/Other IE Options" tab. Just check that option.
11 years ago
#1045 Quote
I have that item checked already, but when I lock the account down, it will remove the URL and go back to the Inprivate page as the default. I am wanting the browser to start up inprivate mode and show the companies homepage instead of the inprivate page.
11 years ago
#1049 Quote
In Private browsing and normal browsing can not be simultaneously used under the same browser instance. The company page would also need to be displayed under the same In Private browser instance. You could set up multiple home pages: one, the company page, two the other page you need as In Private.