Thursday, May 2, 2024 4:04:36 PM

Chrome Not Displaying Webpages Correctly When Running Through Inteset

10 years ago
#1070 Quote
After locking down a kiosk with Inteset for Chrome, the Chrome window pops up and automatically navigates to a webpage.
The page loads correctly the first time, however after clicking a link, the page seems to freeze. The link doesn't load, and any attempt to refresh the page fails. Additionally, if I try to right-click and hit the reload button, the menu seems to burn into the screen.

Here's where it gets interesting - the page isn't actually frozen. I can still however over the links and my mouse cursor will change to the pointer icon. I can also see the link addresses displaying in the bottom left of Chrome and sometimes the hover menu of the links will pop up.

At this point, I have no other option then to forcibly close the browser by clicking ALT+F4 on my keyboard.
The Chrome windows closes, then re-opens a few seconds later. Just as before, the page loads correctly the first time, then repeats the same behavior once I try and navigate through the links.

I've tested Chrome without Inteset running and it exhibits none of this behavior.
I've also tested several different websites through Inteset and all exhibit the frozen desktop issue.

An interesting thing I've found is that I can get Chrome to work correctly through Inteset Test Mode, with a little work.
I begin a test with the 'Run on Startup', 'Keep Running' and 'Keep Maximized' options selected. The page acts the same as I've described above. I then stop the test, deselect the 3 options, apply changes and restart the test. Then it works. Obviously this is a quick fix and can't be used for a permanent solution.

One more bit of info. I have Inteset running on several machines at this location and they all display this behavior.
I also have kiosks at another location that DO NOT have this problem.

Any help would be appreciated
10 years ago
#1071 Quote
Try unchecking the "No Desktop" option in Secure Lockdown. Also, there is a feature in Chrome that should be disabled.

Type "about:flags" in the Chrome address field, then disable the "GPU composing on all pages" setting. There is a forum thread that discusses this here.
10 years ago
#1072 Quote
Worked! Thanks for the quick response