Sunday, May 5, 2024 12:52:14 PM

Secure Lockdown - MAE & Circle Dock Questions

10 years ago
#1076 Quote
I just installed MAE. I have noted that you do not support Circle Dock and have the following questions related to Circle Dock:
1- It seems the only way to launch applications is with Circle Dock. Is this correct?
2- It appears Circle Dock is no longer being maintained. Is there an alternative to Circle Dock that will work with MAE?
3- I have found a Circle Dock version 1.5.x. Will MAE work with this version?

Thanks for you help...John
10 years ago
#1078 Quote
You can launch applications when Secure Lockdown is started using the "Background Apps" feature. Otherwise, other applications are started from Circle Dock.

Inteset Systems is maintaining its version of Circle Dock. If you find any issues, or think there should be a certain feature, please let us know.

If you want to use another app launching application besides Circle Dock, you could use Secure Lockdown - Standard Edition, and configure the launching app as the "Master Application."
10 years ago
#1276 Quote
I downloaded the Secure Lockdown - MAE trial (build 2.00.073) and think it will do exactly what I need for my kiosks, as I need to run both IE & at least one of my own Applications. However, I am having a problem with the Circle Dock not coming back on the screen after I launch & then close some URL or my App. I just get a blank screen with my default background, but no Circle Dock. If I touch the blank screen, the dock partially comes back, but doesn't refresh itself completely. I can make the dock reappear fully using F9, but I really need it to always remain open by default.

I don't have the a settings tab with the options to "Keep Running" or "Keep Maximized" in my Secure Lockdown settings of this version.

(Running Win7/64-bit)

Thank you!
10 years ago
#1277 Quote
You can keep Circle Dock on the screen by going into the Circle Dock Settings, then the "Toggling" section. Select "None" for the "Toggle Visibility Hotkey" option and uncheck the "Screen Left Edge" and "Screen Right Edge" options under the "Show Dock When I Move My Mouse to..." Under the "Dock Items" section, make sure "Hide Dock" is unchecked.
10 years ago
#1278 Quote
Thanks. However, the dock still doesn't refresh entirely after closing IE or my App. The dock only refreshes partially, showing only a few of my icons.

I suspect this may be a windows screen refresh problem while running Secure Lockdown with Circle Dock.

If you have seen this problem before, can you tell me if there are any screen refresh settings that should be changed or disabled in the system when running Secure Lockdown with Circle Dock on a touchscreen?

Thanks again...

10 years ago
#1279 Quote
Yes, it does sound like a video refresh issue. We have not had reports of this issue. Make sure you have the latest video drivers installed. Also, uncheck the "No Desktop" option under the "Customizations/System" tab.
10 years ago
#1280 Quote
That solved it. The dock now stays on the background screen at all times.

I love this product!  I'm going to run it under the trial version for another week or so, just to make sure all is solid, and then I'll be looking to purchase some licenses.

Thanks.
10 years ago
#1281 Quote
Great! Also, there is a later release available (.74) which adds the ability to display a restricted Windows Taskbar.